When there is a problem in getting or maintaining a firm erection, which is necessary to have sexual intercourse, it is erectile dysfunction. It is not uncommon in men. There are often problems between male and female partners due to this issue. You can get proper treatment from sex doctors for male problems and be happy. Your wife will also get complete satisfaction from you and this will strengthen your relationship with her.
The following symptoms may be present if you have erectile dysfunction.
- Trouble to get an erection
- Trouble to maintain an erection
- Reduced sexual desire
There is the involvement of various things in the total process of male sexual arousal. If there is any problem regarding any of these, it can lead to erectile dysfunction. There are often physical and psychological causes of this problem.
The following factors can cause erectile dysfunction.
- Atherosclerosis (clogged blood vessels)
- Heart disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Metabolic syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Consumption of alcohol
- Sleep disorders
- Treatments for prostate cancer
- Enlarged prostate
- Injuries or surgeries affecting the spinal cord or pelvic area
- Low testosterone
There is a key role of the brain in triggering the series of events that cause an erection. It starts with sexual excitement. There can be an interference of several things with sexual feelings. This can cause or worsen sexual dysfunction. These include:
- Relationship problems
Many factors can increase the risk of erectile dysfunction.
- Medical conditions
- Use of tobacco, which restricts blood flow to veins and arteries
- Some medical treatments
- Psychological conditions
- Use of alcohol and drugs
Erectile dysfunction can cause:
- Stress or anxiety
- An unsatisfactory sex life
- Low self-esteem or embarrassment
- Problems in relationship
- Inability to get your partner pregnant
When you visit a sexologist in Kolkata for treatment, he/she will ask you some questions regarding your physical condition and symptoms. The doctor will carry out a physical exam. These will help him/her to diagnose the problem and recommend the treatment option.
- Physical exam: The examination of your penis and testicles and checking your nerves for sensation takes place.
- Blood and urine tests: These tests help to check for various underlying health conditions.
- Ultrasound: This test helps to detect blood flow problems.
- Psychological exam: The doctor tries to know whether psychological causes are behind your condition by asking you different questions.
After diagnosis, the best sexologist in Kolkata will prescribe effective medicines to treat your condition. These include oral and other medicines. He/she may suggest some exercises that are helpful to improve your condition. Sometimes, psychological counselling may be essential if stress, depression or anxiety is behind your erectile dysfunction.